Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ready for a NEW LIFE CHAPTER!



I woke up today feeling really great! I had my second radio interview last week Monday night with "The Chris Hughes Show" @MTRradio.com. It went really well and the response has been unbelievable. The entire experience is quite surreal as I can finally start to see my purpose in life unfold before me. The lightbulb has finally gone off Dad! I feel motivated now, more than ever before! I can't wait to affect the lives of people all over the world. I am working hard to set up a foundation and fundraiser to further awareness for my condition: Myofribullar Myopathy! I am also working on a motivational autobiopgraphy! I am ready for the next chapter of my life and my intentions are simply to GIVE BACK! I find so much gratification in making other people happy. Some may call me a pushover, or say that i'm too nice, but I really just can't help that. Its just a part of my personality. This is not to say that I am perfect by any means. We all have our flaws, however, it is our ability to recognize and identify them which distinguishes us among each other. I always seem to get so nervous right before doing any kind of public speaking or entertainment. But once i get started all the butterflies go away and a more confident Christophe takes over. Monday night was no different. To make matters worse I realized I had left my red plug somewhere at home which made me really anxious. Although I don't use it nearly as much as i should, I prefer to have it on in public because I feel that it lowers the discomfort factor. It seems that when I don't have my plug and use my finger to cover my trachea to talk, people are more inclined to make faces and or ask questions. I've grown accustomed to both and neither bother me. I welcome questions because it gives me a chance to show life from my viewpoint and shed some light on my condition. Amazingly enough I find that within just a few minutes my story manages to touch people on a deep level. It is still strange for me because even though I have dealt with illness since my childhood i am no longer shocked by my extensive medical resume. In recent months, I have decided to make a conscious effort to be aware of my condition without letting it get me down. To be grateful and count my many blessing and realizing that situations could always be worse. Wise words a very good friend always used to remind me. The phrase is seemingly so cliche, yet holds so much power to keep people's thoughts in perspective on a daily basis! 




No comments:

Post a Comment