Monday, July 2, 2012

LIMITATIONS!


Its such a strange feeling when you believe you can do something in your mind but your body proves completely otherwise. Sometimes i have dreams of myself running miles, or hiking up a cliff. My sister will often joke about me wanting to do something that most people try to avoid. It's funny the way one's mindset can change when no longer capable of carrying out certain actions.  Why is it that somehow life has a way of making what we cannot have so irresistibly appealing?! I'm not a particularly large water drinker, but when I was on dialysis and fluid restrictions, it was all I could think about! Now, I'd give anything to run again, feel my adrenaline rush as my feet hit the ground. I miss swimming too. Wading around in the shallow end of a pool is nice but every now and again I get the sudden urge to do a triple summersault into a backwards swan dive! I can see her face now LOL! My sister is also usually the one to bring me back to reality and remind me that at no point in my life was I, or aspired to be, a professional diver. That is one dream I can probably live without. Its good to be grounded and realistic. Live within your means. But at the same time don't limit your goals or life expectations. I am a dreamer. I always have been. Any of my close friends can atest to the fact that I have quite a wild imagination. I consider this to be one of my positive qualities because these dreams are what motivate me to push myself everyday. That being said, by no means is it easy. I try to avoid stairs at any and all costs and I get out of breath when I walk long distances. Some days i'm just not in the mood to "deal with it all". But somehow I do. I spend time thinking about the things that mean the most to me. The things that make me really happy. I make an effort not to live in the past or look too far ahead into the future. I live in the moment and count my blessings no matter how few they are. It really doesn't take much to change your whole outlook for the day. Go outside, disconnect, meditate, read, watch a childhood cartoon or movie, eat something you LOVE! Sometimes its something as simple as cuddling with my pup Brandi. In life, no matter how ugly things get, you can always find the beauty...you just have to know where to look!









2 comments:

  1. backwards swan dive!! BLOL ;) had a visual there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I think I'm famous with a shout out?? Haha love it and love you!!

    ReplyDelete