Tuesday, July 3, 2012

YOLO! (You Only Live Once)

YOLO (You Only Live Once)! The very phrase is probably the basis of my entire existence. It is a constant reminder to cherish every breath and moment as if it were my last. A reminder not to sweat the little stuff and always go BIG or GO HOME! However, somewhere along the line I feel that society has managed to take this beautifully inspiring concept and twist it into an excuse to behave like an ignorant ASS! It has corrupted our youth into thinking that no matter how ridiculous your actions, shouting a loud and proud "YOLO" afterwards is enough to justify them. My hope is that anyone reading this will realize that only living once should motivate you to be the BEST PERSON YOU CAN BE! It shouldn't justify you being at your worst. Don't take things or people in your life for granted! Instead think about the fact that your parents won't be around forever.  Spend time with them. Give them a break from time to time because in the end, all they want is the best for you. Surround yourself with positive friends that make you laugh. Don't be afraid to be silly and let loose every now and again. A big thing for me is to try to mend any bad or broken relationships! I don't like conflict. Not to say things will ever be the same again, but at least we can be civil and in a good space. I find one of the worst things in life is regret. I also think it is very important to spend time with myself. Some of my favorite times have been laughing to myself while watching Heavyweights, or any other classic comedy. Live life to the fullest, take chances, say yes to something daring, take vacations. Your entire world can flip upside down at any second. Life isn't always going to be pleasant as I can remind you first hand, lol. And remember, it is perfectly healthy to be angry and sad. After sufficient time, however, I always make sure to do things to lift myself up and slowly get back to a happy state of mind. When your mind and core are pure you can persevere through anything. All i'm saying is don't walk around lowering yourself with "YOLO" as your security blanket. Love yourself! If no one else, YOU should be proud of the person you are and make positive choices to reflect that. Wishing you ALL a very safe and happy July 4th with wonderful family and good friends!



1 comment:

  1. Truly an inspiration Christophe. It is not just your story or the pure miracle behind your life, but you have a talent for writing and displaying your thoughts through words that express your immense intelligence. Thank you so much for sharing your extraordinary stroy
    - Your little cousin Charlie

    ReplyDelete